Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mel's Mind, January 17, 2009

I am pondering life and the relations that one has with another. I had long written off my father, but today he called. He said that he had found out that I was in financial trouble and offered to help. I kept repeating to him that I didn't want help and wasn't asking. He kept saying that he knew that and that he was going to help anyway and that he would send me a check on Tuesday. I don't know what to make of that. Perhaps it is because he has been mellowed with age -- I don't know. I am very muddled. Maybe it will all become clearer when I get the money -- if I get the money. It doesn't matter the amount, what matters is that he has held out of fig leave of sorts. It has given me a lot to think about.

On the other hand, it has been nice to spend the day with my family and my husband. I sometimes miss my family, even though I am around them. I guess what I miss is the fact that we can all be here in the house, but sometimes we aren't together. I like it when we are together and interacting with one another instead of each person doing their own thing.

I imagine that is what people do in those huge starter castles that are build in places like Ladue. I can't imaging having a house that would fit three or more of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment