Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On Mel's Mind, Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tomorrow Mark will turn 45 and on Friday I will turn 46. I have thought a lot about it. I am depressed over the fact that I am turning 46. Up until now, age hasn't been much of a matter to me. But now I am over the 45 hump, or almost. Before I could pass it off that I was still young, hey, I wasn't over 45 yet. But now, I am going to be 46. 46 is almost 50, which is the beginning of being old. It is time to be 100% responsible, start acting mature and, dare I say, matronly. My children, although young are old enough or almost old enough to have children, which means that I am old enough to be a grandmother. I have to face the fact that I am, in fact, getting old. and I hate it. Oh, the shackles of age have imprisoned me, and I must get used to their heavy, cold feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment