Friday, January 16, 2009

Mel's Mind, January 16,2009

I am 45 years old today. I was depressed and upset about it until today. I have come to an acceptance more or less of my increasing age. Time was birthdays didn't mean anything to me, just another day to celebrate. However, one must face their mortality.

On another note, I was reading Rosie O'Donnell had a blog for four years, but stopped because it was to much of a strain for her to keep up with. I imagine that it would be. I would think that there would be some forms of nastiness to deal with. I would think it would be a bit difficult to be a public personality.

Speaking of public personalities, I am thrilled about the election of Barack Obama. I can't wait until he is in office. I think he has some great ideas for our country, and will take it into a different direction that is much needed. I think our current president has been so angry with what has happened to our country, with the 9-11 assault, that he has used that anger to lead our country into a direction that was more of a knee jerk reaction to what happened. Once he had troops in Iraq, there was no turning back for him. I think history will reveal that he was an impassioned president that lead our country into what he thought was the right direction in light of the terrorists that had threatened our freedoms. I am not a supporter, and I am glad for the new direction and leadership of the Obama camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment