Thursday, October 16, 2008

On Mel's mind

Just a quick note. I watched the presidential debate last night (along with millions of others). Am I the only one that was bothered when McCain said that Palin would understand the issues of autism? I have my own children with disabilities, as anyone who follows the blog knows. In addition I am certified in cross-categorial special education. I am here to tell you that autism and Down Syndrome are not the same disability.

McCain has once again shown his ignorance of issues. Lumping disabilities together infuriates me. Inferring the education of persons with differing learning disabilities can be taught on the same level infuriates me. If you are a McCain supporter, please educate yourself more. I think you might change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment