Sunday, October 12, 2008

In the Mind of Mel

I have stepped up to the plate. I have so much to say and so little time. Cliche, you say, but so true. I am 45 years old, and have put off so many things that I wanted to do, wanted to become, and now is the time. I am stepping out behind the curtain of -- what is it -- perhaps uncertainty, fear, that has kept me hidden from what I am -- a writer. I have danced around it, teaching English, journalism, free lancing for others, but I need to choose it as my partner. My husband of 15 years (next month) and my 12 year old son have encouraged me.

I am currently under contract to the St. Louis public school system where I have been teaching journalism. However, I am taking a long term leave of absence. It is a leap of faith that I am doing the right thing, at the right time. It is scary and exhilarating at the same time.

In my blog, you will find random musings, links to other postings (my own as well as things I think are really important, and some things that are just plain cool. I am excited to begin this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! good to hear from you! Talk about changes...I am in college now, studying to be a computer tech. I really like it and it all clicks for me.
    I will check back and visit you. I also have a blog.
    Wow it was great to hear from you again! I often wonder about the sahm and where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti -- so glad that email worked! We have so much to cathc up on my friend! Please send me a link to your blog -- I will link you to mine. Please stop by often. I am trying to post every day. My heart is happy this morning!

    ReplyDelete