Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mel's Mind, January 22, 2009

Again, President Obama is on my mind. I was thinking yesterday about what it was like for him on his first full day as President, surely a heady experience for him. I was thinking about his whole family, actually. I know that his girls did not have to go to school yesterday, but were expected to attend today. I praise President and Mrs. Obama for their attempts to maintain normalcy for them, even going to the extent of bringing Grandma to the White House in order to keep their life a bit sane. I can imagine their excitement. I wonder if 7 year old Sasha is old enough to realise the significance of her new home and her daddy's new job. At any rate, I hope they are beginning to feel a sense of the support that I believe the majority of the country sends them. I certainly wish them well.

On another note, Patrick is being home bound taught by my friend, Cathy. I am very excited about that. She has such a calming manner about her, and an ability to keep Patrick focused, even in situations that I know would be stressed and frustrated in. If that is her feeling, she certainly isn't showing it, and I am thrilled at the amount of work that they are doing.

Finally, my Mark gets to golf today. I guess I didn't realize until this winter time just how important his gold is to him. It helps to keep his boat stable even in rocky waters. He is just working for a few hours this morning, then he will come home in order to collect the golf clubs and heading out to the golf course as the temperatures soar today to almost 60 degrees. I am happy for him.

I guess that wasn't finally. Jacob is back at school today after missing yesterday. He missed Tuesday also. He has developed a cold, and wasn't feeling well enough to attend the last couple of days. He seems a bit better this morning so I sent him.

Speaking of attending school, Patrick is missing his friends. He and I talked yesterday about the fact that the same problems that were there before will still be there, it is him that has to change his feelings and reactions to those problems in order to be successful upon returning. We talked about the chance he has with his psychologist to work things out as he meets with him weekly while he is not in school. Patrick agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment