Monday, November 24, 2008

Melody Beattie and me

I am reading a lot lately. I particularly am focused on the works of Melody Beattie. In her her bookFind Your Way Home: a Soul Survival Kit, she talks about, among other things, the beginnings and endings of thins in our lives. I relate this especially to jobs.


"Ending and rebirth - new beginnings - are an ongoing part of life. ... Learn to recognize when the lesson is learned and our time with a parson or in a particular place is over. Then pack your bags and leave. Get all the pieces and spiritual insights that you went there to learn. Ask. You'll receive all the help that you need. ... Finish your business in each situation, so you won't have to go back there again. ... Sometimes when we believe lies long enough, we forget that we really know the truth."

I recommend everyone reading at least one of her books. There are portions of this book that I felt I knew already or really didn't apply to me, but the vast majority of it does apply. Don't forget her name - Melody Beatie. You can check out her website; here's a link: http://www.melodybeattie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment