Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jacob, Shut Up

We hear Jacob, shut up a lot in our house. Jacob is our noise maker. He likes toys that make noise, and, quite often, he likes the sound of his own voice. If things get quite in the house, Jacob starts talking. Sometimes it is just endless and mindless vocalizations. Often, it frustrates his brother. Hence, Jacob, shut up.

We discourage Patrick from using those words with his brother, but I do remember what it was like to be 14. I didn't have a younger sister nagging me, but I had older sibs, and a lot of them. I don't always agree with them, and, quite frankly, wish I had the courage to say shut up sometimes.

My attitude of gratitude today is that I have wonderful hearing, and the boys that make me cringe when I hear unnesessary things fly out of their mouths. I am also gratful for my own siblings, even when unnecessary things fly out of their mouths too.

No comments:

Post a Comment