Saturday, November 14, 2009

A life well lived

Live every day as if it were your last. If the old adage is followed, at the end of life's journey, one should be able to feel that their life has been well lived. Just exactly though, does one live life well? It would seem that if followed, the result would either be a happy well adjusted individual or a narcissist. The fine line comes, I think, in the feelings of those with whom that life is shared.

It speaks to the character of a person when those sharing the same space are living a happy and fulfilling life. This is not to say that all days are filled with wine and roses. Real life is not that way. Staying focused on wrapping tendrils of positive energy around one's self and others does lead to that well-lived life.

To that end, being surrounded by positive, uplifting people make the life journey an easier road. My list of these people has recently expanded thanks to the explosion of social networking sites. One such person if my brother's ex-wife. Only appearing in my life at a young age, and then disappearing quickly, it was years before our paths would cross. Thanks to our cyber universe, she has gently wound herself around my heart. She is a voice of experience and wisdom, and a sister who was missing from my life for far too long.

A family sharing life and love and friends that have become more like siblings than my own provide an environment for those positive energy tendrils to wrap around the hearts of all involved. While not exactly living each day as if it were my last, I am -- finally -- living my life well.

No comments:

Post a Comment