Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A New Post!

I haven't posted in days. I missed my bog/journal. I have been busy, my fibro is flaring, and things have just been kind of crazy around here. Patrick is now on homebound teaching. I, frankly, don't know what to do with him or how to motivate him to want to go to school. I called my sister (one of two) the other day to ask for her help. Patrick had made a statement to me that he didn't want t0 live if the rest of his life is like this. She really helped me with point of view. So Patrick and I had this conversation based on what sis had suggested. She used the anology of a sore foot or going to war. This does feel like a war, so I talked to Patrick from the point of view that depression is the war and that we are in enemy territory right now -- fighting our way back to our right and healthy side. I reminded him that we have been here before, when he was younger, and we made it through as a family -- together. That is how we are fighting this time. When he feels like he can't take it anymore, I expect him to come to me for help. He has come since the talk.

His psychiatrist put him on Lamictal and reduced his Cymbalta. He is still taking Risperdal, which has been his constant medication. I am not a big fan of taking pills, but if it helps to pull him out of this, if anything helps, then I am open to it. He is in such a dark place right now. I know that place all too well; it is a scary place.

If anyone has suggestions that will help, or you just think they might help, I would appreciate it is you would post it here or email to me at patricknjacob@aol.com. Thanks for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment