Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mel's Mind, Thursday, December 18

Since Patrick is home bound for a while, I am really interested in home schooling information. If anyone has information they would care to share, I would certainly appreciate it.

On the home front, all of the gifts are bought and wrapped -- unless Mark comes up with someone else we need to send a gift to. There is inevitably that last minute gift, so I don't know. I do feel good that everything is wrapped and the stockings are stuffed.

In addition, I have all of the cards sent. I have kept one box out for the stragglers that I get cards from and forgot to send them one. I think my list is pretty inclusive this year though.

I don't have a clean house, but let's be frank. I seldom have a clean house. Even being at home all day, I don't have a clean house. Writing takes up a good part of my day, and once Jacob come home from school, it is homework, dinner, etc.

Trevor is coming soon to live with us. I am excited about that as I think it is a good change for him. For the most part, we are a calm house. I think he needs that, and the structure we offer. I already have his chore to add to the chore chart -- taking trash from the trash cans out to the trash and taking the recycling out daily. Easy, but something that needs to be done on a regular basis and is not.

My attitude of gratitude for today is the accident that Trevor was in a few days ago. He totaled his truck, but he walked away from the accident. It could have been so much worse. He is just so lucky -- and so are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment