Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA: He's My Man!

I don't think I can express just how happy I am with the turnout of people for the elections yesterday. It wasn't just in my St. Louis either. There were record numbers of voters all over the country. How awesome is that? That is how is should be for each and every election. People should realize just how powerful that their opinions and ideas are. We must stop this mentality of thinking we don't count and we can't make a difference! We do -- and we can.

Take me for example, one month ago, I was ready to end my life. I was in a lot of pain spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I was lost with my direction of life. Now, I am acting proactively with my health to try to get it together. I am working on the spiritual and emotional parts too. For the first time in my life -- did you get that one -- for the first time in my life, I am doing what I want to do and what I think I need to do. I am in therapy working furiously on issues. I would like to leave -- it is so hard some days, but I still go, chipping away at all that is not me. A rebirth, of sorts, exposing the new, vulnerable, but true self. It has taken so long to get to the point where I could even do this. I am still not 100% honest about things. I guess that sort of trust takes time. I don't know. But I am working on it.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden won the election because they took a leap of faith. I made a huge leap of faith that this will all turn out right, as did my family. You can do it too. The time is at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment