Saturday, November 8, 2008

2008 Ram 1500 -- RAM tough

I recently went to look at the new Dodge Ram trucks. I looked specifically at the RAM 1500. It is quite a beauty, let me tell you all about it!

Engine: The basics here: 5.7 liter HEMI V-8 to generate more horsepower and torque. What this means is that there is a lot of power under that hood. If you need to pull, say a horse trailer like my friend Debbie, or a camping trailer like me, this truck will do it without a problem. It is not a girly girl truck. When the commercials on TV say Dodge trucks are RAM tough, they are definitely talking about this baby.

The Looks of the Truck: The Dodge Ram 1500 has 4 bed lengths. Can you imagine that ? FOUR. And the cab sizes, but each cab comes with its own specific bed length, except for the regular cab. You can get a regular cab and a short bed (6’4”) or a standard bed at 8’.

Cab Size:The Quad and Crew cabs come either with a 6.4” bed, but you loose a little space in the rear seats, or you can get the Crew 15000get a little more room in that rear passenger seating area, but you lose close to a foot on bed size (comes in at 5’7”).

Paint Colors: I’ve not seen all of the colors of this truck, but the AUSTIN Tan Pearly is kind of ugly. I know I have changed poopy diapers with that color in it. I personally don’t like Sunburst orange pearl wither. I know someone who did purchase a RAM 1500 in this color. It doesn’t look RAM tough! My fav is Detonator Yellow and next I really like the metalics.

Storage: They call this thinking inside the box, with their variety of stroage and cargo management systems. For the bed of the truck, , you can get two locking weatherproof, lit, drainable storage bins, that work together with a cargo bed divider (which also can doable as a bed extender for those really long pieces of wood or drywall,. On the inside, that are in floor stage bins, a two-tier glove box, and a center console. Pretty cool.

Engine: I surely don’t claim to be a gear head, but here is what I know about the engine. It looks pretty complicated, as most do these days. There is a 5.7 liter HEMI V-8, which has better torque and horsepower, which translates into a lot of pulling power in this baby. It is easily enough to pull my friend Debbie’s horse trailer without feeling the strain.

What I think: I wouldn’t purchase one of these simply because I can’t afford it. It is a really awesome truck though. It really fit’s the Ram tough image. The truck is huge, taller than my mini-van, but about the same length. I had a hard time climbing into it; if I were to purchase one of these, I would have to get the optional side step thingy. Once in though, it is amazing. I love the new car smell in the first place, and to be in something up so high was really cool for me. Once out on the roads, the truck drove like a charm. I was surprised at how smooth the ride was. We used to own a Ford F-150, and it's ride wasn't nearly as smooth as the Dodge Ram 1500. A quick run down the highway convinced me that if I could afford this baby, I would definitely purchase.

Contact Information: You can check out at any dodge dealer or online at dodge.com/ram.

No comments:

Post a Comment