Thursday, April 23, 2009

Too Much Stuff

I have know it for a long time, but have been unable to properly address the situation. I have too much stuff in my house. I am really interested in a greener environment. Part of this includes changing my house habits.

I don't know how this began. Perhaps it began when I had my first baby. The amount of stuff you need for a child is amazing. Or perhaps it began when I was put on bed rest with my second child. I accumulated a lot of stuff then simply because life is so boring on bed rest, and I felt I needed stuff to keep me occupied.

Now I am craving simplicity. I thought what I wanted was a bigger house -- I would like a garage and another bathroom. One obstacle is that I don't know how to stay organized. I wonder sometimes if I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. People who have that have a tremendous problem with staying organized.

I am going to try t0 begin organizing and ridding myself and my house of the things we don't need. I don't know if this will upset my family or not, but it is one of those things that is really making me uncomfortable in my own home.

If anyone has ideas for organization, please don't hesitate to email me at patricknjacob@aol.com or leave a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment