Monday, April 20, 2009

Thoughts on a beautiful Monday

My friend has lost her cat. Although this doesn't seem like such a problem to some, most anyone who shares their home with a pet can empathize with her. And, I am sure, grateful that it isn't us who is suffering the loss, all the while hoping that her wayward Louella comes home soon.

To many people, pets are considered part of the family. Over the summer, we had to put our beloved Gracie down. She had not been doing well for some time. I opted to take my two boys with me. I asked them if they wanted to go, and they had said yes. It was a bad idea. It was in August, and I am still regretting that I allowed them to be there. It was awful. Terrible awful.

I wonder why we show so much compassion to our animals, but allow humans to go through agonizing, long suffering deaths. That too is awful. Terrible awful.

Another page -- I watched a Linda Ellerbe news short yesterday. I was about the greening of America. It started me thinking about how much we waste. Our footprints on this earth will be huge. How much useless stuff we have, and how much just plain stuff we have. I am looking at eco-friendly living. I am considering a summer vacation there -- only if I can get my family excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment