Thursday, August 12, 2010

On a Thursday

I just finished reading a fantasy fiction novel co-authored by Piers Anthony and Mercedes Lackey -- If I Pay Thee Not In Gold. Quite a good read of a society lead by women conjurers.

I have been a fantasy fiction junkie for quite some years -- since the early 80s really. Although Anthony in a prolific writer, I had never forayed into his world before. I stumbled on this book just by happenstance at the St. Louis city library. Loved it, although the love relationship of the main character leaved something to be desired. I think that perhaps the novel would have been better without it.

I also googled both authors. Anthony had published almost 1000 books -- amazing! Lackey is no slacker either. Both authors will probably be on my radar for some time.

The amazing thing to me is that I can actually concentrate on a story line long enough to read an entire novel. I haven't been able to do this for quite some time. Don't know what changed, but I am glad it did -- whatever it is. I also wrote Anthony a fan letter -- something I rarely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment