Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael

I am saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. I am a fan. I feel the swirl of frenzy that surrounds him -- that even in death he is not given perhaps the respect that he deserves. I know of the bad things the have seemed to drape him like a cape in the last few years. I wasn't there, so I can't claim to say one way or the other what he did in his private life.

However, I can choose to believe that he was one of the most fascinating performers in my lifetime. I believe he was a musical genius. He was music -- in his words, in his dance, in all that surrounded him. He was that puff of something that inspired us to sing and dance and create music. I love his music. I love the way he moved. I loved him. He has been a part of my life. I can remember my Michael Jackson moments -- listening to his music throughout my life. Seeing dance students perform his dance routines. I will miss his inspiration. I will miss the force that was Michael Jackson. I hope he finds the peace and happiness that he always seemed to be searching for when he was with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment