Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Football and my child

I am proud of my son. Jacob is in the middle of summer camp for football, and wants to be on the football team for nest year (his 8th grade year). I couldn't be any happier.

When Jacob is our on the field, it is easy to see his Autistic traits. He doesn't exactly blend in well all of the time. He is hanging in there though, and now wants to be on the Middle School team this year. I am so proud of my child. I secretly cheer him on during every move. I feel for him each time he falls to the back of the pack when running, and and excited for him when he does a move correctly and gets a pat on the back from the coaches.

Things are going to be all right. I am hoping Jacob will learn he has more strength and determination in him than he knows. What ever happens -- he is part of a greater team, and I am quite proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment